“Makes a lot of sense”: Yankees’ Giancarlo Stanton defends controversial torpedo bats amid elbow injury

“Makes a lot of sense”: Yankees’ Giancarlo Stanton defends controversial torpedo bats amid elbow injury | MLB News - The Times of India

Giancarlo Stanton defends torpedo bat (Image Source: Stanton/Instagram)

The New York Yankees’ 35-year-old hitter and outfielder Giancarlo Stanton has decided to continue using the controversial “torpedo” bat after his return from an injury that has impacted his elbows. Stanton was placed on the injury list, so he missed action this season.

Giancarlo Stanton dismisses injury links to torpedo bats

Even as Giancarlo Stanton began using the torpedo bat in the last season and the spring training, he did hit at torpedo bat’s adjustments that could have possibly contributed to his pain, however, later,
Stanton clarified he wasn’t sure what exactly caused the injury.

Giancarlo Stanton Used Torpedo Bat in Playoffs Last Year….

As per reports, a torpedo bat weighs heavier around the lower towards the barrel.

Stanton responded to the media’s queries, implying that reports were attempting to link his injuries to torpedo bats. Standon said:

“You’re not going to get the story you’re looking for, So if that’s what you guys want, it isn’t going to happen.”

When Stanton was asked for an opinion regarding torpedo bats, gaining so much significance, and if at all he was surprised, Stanton said:

“Yeah, but when there’s a narrative, that’s how it rolls.”

Giancarlo Stanton talks about his recovery period

The torpedo bat has become a controversial topic of discussion amid the MLB circles, with fans left divided as to how efficient these bats are. Some fans continue to believe the torpedo bats aren’t even legal, when they are, as per MLB rules.
Big stars like Cody Bellinger, Paul Goldschmidt, Anthony Volpe have all adopted the usage of a torpedo bat in recent games, ensuring they hit nine homers for the New York Yankees.

Regarding the torpedo bats, Giancarlo Stanton said:

“It makes a lot of sense, But it’s like, why hasn’t anyone thought of it in 100-plus years? It’s explained simply and then you try it and as long as it’s comfortable in your hand.”

Giancarlo Stanton’s injury continues to become painful for the star. He began hitting with the Traject machine, stimulating high velocity and live pitching.

Standon, regarding an update on his injury said:

“This is very unique, I definitely haven’t missed a full spring before. It will just depend on timing, really.”

Related Posts

BREAKING: Boѕton Red Sox SEND ALL IN AND EXTEND ѕecond bаѕemаn Krіѕtіаn Cаmpbell to no leѕѕ thаn $150 mіllіon, hаppіly declаrіng “I wіll…

BOSTON – The Boston Red Sox have made a definitive statement about their future, committing to second baseman Kristian Campbell with a jaw-dropping contract

Red Sox DH Rаfаel Deverѕ’ ‘very hаppy’ reаctіon аfter breаkіng 0-for-21 ѕlump

During the contest between the Red Sox and division-rival Orioles, Rafael Devers broke out of his slump, notching his first hit in 2025.

Red Sox’ Gаrrett Crochet ѕendѕ meѕѕаge to front offіce аfter humblіng Orіoleѕ

After the Red Sox gave Garrett Crochet a huge extension, he gave his front office praise after dominating the Orioles on Wednesday.

Breaking News: Carlos Correa is on the Precipice of Breaking Through at the Plate

The Twins’ star shortstop has gone hitless to begin the season—but things should soon change for the better. Through 18 plate appearances, Minnesota Twins shortstop Carlos Correa…

Breaking: Pablo Lopez gives Twins lineup a chance to shine vs White Sox

Pablo Lopez shined on the mound, finally allowing the Twins’ lineup to get going. The Minnesota Twins entered Wednesday’s series finale against the Chicago White Sox stuck…

Phillies’ Matt Strahm eviscerates the state of MLB with his torpedo bat take

The outspoken lefty unsurprisingly aired his opinion on the now famous torpedo bats.