Dodgers Top Prospect Dalton Rushing Exits Triple-A Game With Scary Injury

Dodgers prospects 2024: Dalton Rushing leads the consensus top 10 - True Blue LA

Los Angeles Dodgers top prospect Dalton Rushing was forced to exit the Triple-A Oklahoma City Comets’ game on Tuesday after taking a foul ball off his catcher’s mask.

Rushing was on the ground for about a minute before getting to his feet and staying in the game. However, in the bottom half of the inning, he was pinch-hit for and exited the game.

More news: Mookie Betts Has Made Decision on Attending Dodgers’ White House Visit With President Donald Trump

Here’s a video of the play:

Scary moment in the OKC Comets game: A pitch from Justin Wrobleski fouled off the bat and into Dalton Rushing’s mask.

He stayed on the ground for about a minute but got to his feet and he will remain in the game. pic.twitter.com/OaWwPiV56H

https://twitter.com/explore?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1907233046496956833%7Ctwgr%5E22a8214c5a8061f9e0b37d50088eb188cf830eef%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdodgersnation.com%2Fdodgers-top-prospect-dalton-rushing-exits-triple-a-game-with-scary-injury%2F2025%2F04%2F01%2F

Rushing, 24, is the Dodgers’ No. 2 overall prospect on MLB Pipeline behind Roki Sasaki and the No. 1 hitting prospect. He is expected to debut at some point this season, but currently is blocked by catchers Will Smith, Austin Barnes, and even Hunter Feduccia.

Last year, the Dodgers started using Rushing in the outfield in the hopes of finding him a path to the big leagues there. This year, though, they appear set on him continuing his progression as a catcher.

This offseason, Rushing told Dodgers Nation that he would be open to any position on this team, but would love to be a catcher in this organization down the road.

“Whatever proposes itself the earliest, the soonest, whatever way I can help on this team, I’m just gonna take advantage of that opportunity,” Rushing said on Dodgers Dougout Live. “And down the road if catching is the true piece that I’d hold onto, then we’ll cross that bridge.”

He also made it known his job was to just help the Dodgers’ current catcher, Will Smith, be great.

“From a catching perspective, my job is to step in and make Will’s job easier. Give him a little bit of time,” Rushing said. “Let him be the player that he is and continue to make a name for himself and make a push for the Hall of Fame.”

Rushing dealt with a concussion in 2023 after getting hit by a backswing that impacted him for a lot of the season. Last year, across 115 games at Double-A and Triple-A, Rushing slashed .271/.385/.512 with 26 home runs and 85 RBIs.

 

 

Related Posts

Breaking: Minnesota Twins DFA Everyone’s Favorite Bearded Pitcher…

Rocco Baldelli’s Minnesota Twins kicked off their 2025 regular season in St. Louis with a three-game series against the Cardinals. Weather impacted a pair of them, but…

BREAKING: Kevin Pillar Has Pointed Comments on Playing for AL’s Two Worst Teams

Kevin Pillar played for the two worst teams in the American League in 2024. In between his stints with the Chicago White Sox and the Los Angeles…

Hall of Famer Jim Rice Keeps Firing at Red Sox Amid Early Season Slump

Hall of Famer Jim Rice criticizes the Red Sox amid changes in baseball traditions. Discover his insights and heated debates.

“Makes a lot of sense”: Yankees’ Giancarlo Stanton defends controversial torpedo bats amid elbow injury

MLB News: Giancarlo Stanton, a 35-year-old hitter and outfielder for the New York Yankees, continues to use the controversial torpedo bat despite its potential

Cаrdіnаlѕ’ Mаtthew Lіberаtore fіnаlly gіven а conѕіѕtent role аѕ а ѕtаrtіng pіtcher

Matthew Liberatore will be given full control of the fifth starter spot. What will he accomplish this year with that job?

Alex Bregman completely face-planting vs Orioles sums up Red Sox’s start to 2025

Alex Bregman got a mouthful of dirt during Monday’s game against the Baltimore Orioles. Bregman’s tumble has been indicative of the Red Sox’s start to 2025.